Thursday, February 24, 2011

End Times Art at Gogue Art Studio


Exciting news...Starting Friday, February 25th, I will enjoy a high honor.  My End Times DaFeet will be on display and for sale at Gogue Art Studio, downtown Grants Pass, OR on 6th street. 
End Times Art was a creation out of a fascination with the feet of the fowl I had to butcher on the family homestead.  All fowl are free ranged and greatly loved, but there are times when butchering is the only right and humane option for the bird.  And in such, to toss parts for not being edible, not only seemed a waste, but a dishonor to the life of the bird.  Bones, feathers, heads, blown eggs, and feet are infused with chicken wire, beads, rocks, wood, jewelry, copper wire recycled from old motors and electrical cords to create sculptures that unnerve and dazzle.
I was so impressed with the result; I started gifting some to a few good friends, one of which was Jeff Gogue.  I am so thrilled to have been invited to share my DaFeet creations with Southern Oregon. 
Enjoy,
Endtimes artists

No comments:

Post a Comment